2020 New System, New Format: Did you agree with the category the system placed you?

This Year Edition/Cohort of the TEF Program slightly make a surprising difference on assessment and selection process. The system will automatically placed you on either one of the three categories which are Greenhorn, Innovator and Disruptor.

10 Likes

There’s also the start-up category.
What’s the implication??

1 Like

The Greenhorn category which is for start up will, however, not eligible for membership and seed capital

2 Likes

please how do i view my status… i am done with my application but did see any category in which i fall into

1 Like

@Bethel_Ebenebe You will be notify by TEF through email or better still, you should have seen a notification that says your category as you are done.

2 Likes

@Oluwafemi_Olaiya I am also interested in this. I have completed the application by answering all the necessary questions but I didn’t receive any status or an email confirming that I have completed the application successfully. Is there anything I failed to do during the application. Positive feedback with some guidelines will be appreciated.

1 Like

What was the onscreen automatic response immediately when you submitted your application? You should have gotten one

3 Likes

@Ephraim_Abutu What does my assigned training path mean??
Based on your answers to the assessment questions, the system profiles you and places you in the appropriate training path as follows: • Greenhorn – This means you are a starter according to the business start-up profiling. You will go through the general training on TEFConnect. You will, however, not be eligible for mentorship or seed capital. • Innovator – This means that you have been profiled to be an intermediate entrepreneur. You have a good potential to be a successful entrepreneur. You will go through the Intermediate training modules and you will be assigned a mentor during the programme. Based on your performance through the training programme, you will stand a chance to pitch your business in person to the set of judges for final selection to receive seed capital. • Disruptor – This means that you are or identified to be natural or a seasoned entrepreneur. You will go through the Advanced training modules and you will be assigned a mentor during the programme. Based on your performance through the training programme, you will stand a chance to pitch your business in person to the set of judges for final selection to receive seed capital.

8 Likes

@Oluwafemi_Olaiya thanks for the update. But my concern still is, I have registered for this but I can’t see the status portal you have explained above. How do I know I fall into any of the aforementioned categories? where on the website can I view that? I expect your feedback. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thank you for applying for the TEF 2020, our team will get in touch with you on the next thing to do. This was after i have successfully answered some personal, business, psychological and consent questions about declaring my eligibility for the program. Quite rigorous!

2 Likes

@Ephraim_Abutu be patient okay, surely they will get in touch with you as they have mentioned to inform you of the category you belong. They will email you in regards to that. Be patient and let us know when you have been informed! Best of luck!

1 Like

I was placed in the Disruptor category. I’m pleased with it.

2 Likes

@PATRICK_OKUNIMA Congrats! That is cool, I believe you have received email from TEF right?

1 Like

Thanks! I got a mail. How about you?

1 Like

Yes I did receive…

1 Like

All the best.

1 Like

thank you. but i was never told of my status but I will wait as you have said it. Thanks

1 Like

@PATRICK_OKUNIMA where did you see your own status? can you take a screen shot? congratulations brother

1 Like

Hello @Oluwafemi_Olaiya,

This is to inform you that I finally received the mail and I am placed under the Innovator Category.

Congrats @Ephraim_Abutu Finally you received the good news.

3 Likes