Here are a few pros and cons to Facebook advertising

Last December, I had an interesting experience with a client. An event I was helping them promote, that had otherwise not sold any tickets, sold well in 2 weeks largely thanks to social media marketing - specifically a paid Facebook campaign. I’m not an advertising guru, but I’m at the point where I’m confident in knowing what works for Facebook advertising and what does not.

Here are a few pros and cons to Facebook advertising

Pro: It’s Inexpensive
Don’t have a large budget? You’d be surprised how many views you can get for as little as #2,000. The fact is, Facebook ads have the lowest cost per 1,000 impressions amongst any online advertising avenue.

Con: Who Likes Pay-to-Play?
You want to get your content seen but who likes to pay for it? Nobody. Unfortunately, since Facebook introduced advertising, their algorithm has largely favored those who are paying for their content to be seen. The result? All those Facebook fans you spent years developing aren’t seeing your stuff even though they’ve “liked” your page.

Pro: Microtargeting
The greatest aspect of facebook ads is that they allow you to microtarget specific groups.
this is really beneficial because we can target our audiences based on everything from location, age, and employment status, to gender, annual income, marital status and hobbies.

4 Likes

Thanks for this piece
I thought as much, a lot of people cite their frustration.
He who spends the most money makes the most money - Russell of ClickFunnels