TEF Postpone 2020 Successful Applicants to Combine with 2021 Successful Applicants (1000+1000=2000): 2020 Successful Applicants do not need to reapply next year!

Like most of you, we have been monitoring news of the emergence and increasing incidence of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across Africa. In response to the current crisis resulting from the coronavirus pandemic, the entrepreneurship-focused African philanthropy, the Tony Elumelu Foundation, has announced the difficult decision to postpone the 6th edition of its Entrepreneurship Programme and the TEF Forum until 2021. Given the paramount importance of public health and safety, this sadly is the only appropriate course of action.

Those of you who have applied for the 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme and have been advised to proceed to the next stage, will continue with the process in 2021 and will not need to re-apply. The Foundation will double its own commitment to select 2000 entrepreneurs (1000 entrepreneurs for 2020 cohort and 1000 entrepreneurs for 2021 cohort) instead of annual selection of 1000 entrepreneurs. Thus, there will be no lost opportunities for the 2020 applicants to the programme.

In addition, the Tony Elumelu Foundation will provide free training on TEFConnect. This includes access to the 12 weeks enterprise toolkit as well as targeted business clinics on special topics. We will work with policymakers, governments, and development finance institutions to catalyse additional support for African entrepreneurs post coronavirus. TEFConnect will also host critical information around the pandemic to safeguard the health and safety of all Africans, as well as curate impact stories from African entrepreneurs creating innovative solutions to tackle the coronavirus outbreak.

We encourage everyone to focus on safety and wellbeing first. Find below a quote from our founder to encourage us to be true entrepreneurs and leaders during this period.

A true leader is one who remains committed to a higher purpose than most others do not yet see. I have studied great people and one common thing I found among them is Legacy. Tony Elumelu

68 Likes

This is a truly selfless and more focused leader in Mr Tonny Elumelu. Thank you for your work through out the continent to contain this pandemic

12 Likes

Good idea. At least for now. Life first

16 Likes

Brilliant one indeed!

7 Likes

Taking the health of the public into considerion is a noble move, and i strongly applaud this move. More wisdom and grace.

7 Likes

I commend the decision. It’s a wise one. Safety first. Only that not knowing the number of coaches and mentors available to the foundation, I pity them for a possible work overload next year. 2000 applicants for a foundation that was previously designed to Carter half of the number may be stretching. I know before the decision was taken, these things must have been factored in. So am confident. If the online mentoring were available, it could help the TEF a lot by next year that if this decision was to obey government instructions against physical gathering. Whichever way, we are

7 Likes

What more can we expect as a support to our colleagues out there who have been affected or having families that are being affected by this viruse. Good one from the boss, God help us . Together we will overcome Covid-19

6 Likes

The Decision to postpone is a welcomed one, we need to focus on safety and wellbeing of our people first. Please, Stay Save and Keep Safe…

7 Likes

Totally welcomed initiative . Lets all stay safe so we can be part of it next year. Thanks for all you do Sir Tony Elumelu.

6 Likes

During this very difficult times with Covid-19 lockdown and naira devaluation to N415 to $1, We are offering free 1 year Cloud Hosting + Best selling Shop App - to help you Sell Anything Fast! Get Paid Faster
@ a ludacris discount of N20,000 (Terms & Conditions apply / TEF members only)
Check out our app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileshop.demo.
Email: support@pictopal.com

5 Likes

Wonderful. Not even a pandemic can kill the dream. Thank you Mr. Tony Elumelu

3 Likes

:+1: This is an intelligent and timely decision. We pray that this dark moment of COVID-19 will be over very soon.

4 Likes

This is good decision through visionary leader thanks a lot to the foundation.

3 Likes

Chimuanya-Okorie, you are right about the potential stretch on the workload on the existing human capital.

We will see how the Pandemic unfolds, I hope it clears away soon though. Considering the effect in the economy.

5 Likes

Covid 19, call for action from everyone,thanks to the big pragmatic boss,for such a decision.
Well done sir,for your heartfelt decision,to esteemed the health and overall safety of Africans, in this time of the pandemic.

4 Likes

Thank you Sir for your good work to African Entrepreneurs. God bless you.

4 Likes

Thanks for the decision taken. Safety before

4 Likes

As much as it hurts i saw it coming,God help us all

4 Likes

Thank you sir, its a good decision, meanwhile if you are a TEF 2020 applicant you can start working on Startup Enterprise Toolkit.

5 Likes

That’s a great move in response to the trailing global pandemic.

Still stay focused to your plans dearly. Leverage on the web to equip yourself with more business skills and use this lag in time to establish more network that will be helpful to your startup.

Stay safe. Survive.

7 Likes