What If You do not win the seed capital...What Next? Strategic Partnerships

Over the course of going through the 12 weeks training, I have learnt so much so that I began to wonder and ponder; What if I do not get the funding…Can I still start/scale up my business?

It is of no surprise that many on this forum are either alumnus of the TEF programme or participant for the funding. The sincere truth is that we all will not be successful in getting the seed capital not because we do not have brilliant ideas worthy enough of been funded but because the resources are limited. This is not enough obstacle to hinder us from implementing those brilliant ideas of starting up those great businesses we as Africans have conceived as solutions to different problems.

I, therefore, believe if participants of like-interests could come together to form a sort of strategic partnership pulling knowledge, ideas and resources together to start-up businesses, It will also go a long way in achieving our goals, objectives and dreams!!!

I am open to such partnerships… Are you?

11 Likes

thank you for this information

3 Likes

@Michael_Odogwu
You have a interesting idea of the Strategic-Partnership.
My question is what is the road map to this strategic partnership. Between whom can these partnerships be formed? How do we go about it?

Your views are greatly welcomed.

3 Likes

@Michael_Odogwu factually speaking, the New Normal (post Covid-19) Business Environment will require a lot of partnerships to mitigate through the hard economic times. Thanks to TEF we are gaining so much especially during these harsh times, someday in the near future we’ll look back and recognize the magnitude of going through this program in the time of " THE GREAT LOCKDOWN OF 2020" global crisis.

2 Likes

@Michael_Odogwu you are right that we all can’t win the seed capital. One thing for sure is that I have really learnt a lot. This program has opened my eyes to a lot of things concerning business. I read extensively now online on related topics on all the weekly task. It’s been amazing, it’s like going back to school. I don’t know if anyone is reading up things like me.
As for the partnership, great idea but how do you go about It? Let’s here your suggestion.

2 Likes

Partnerships are very good. I have just observed that people are not willing to invest in startup due to uncertainty of the economy. How are partnships doing in your countries?

2 Likes

Thanks for putting this together. I have been thinking of how I can partner with an entrepreneur who will provide services that I won’t have to pay for initially, then after sales, settlement will be made as agreed. I also taught of things that I can achieve for free while building my fish pond.

4 Likes

@TOYIN_EMMANUEL please read this for clarity

Need for collaboration among growing business owners, week 8 task

1 Like

Your post got me thinking, what kind of partnership would be very beneficial to me at this moment. It’s a very viable suggestion. For me I think it would be fabric sourcing partnership for my ready to wear fashion brand.

1 Like

Yes. Very good idea.

1 Like