Who Is an entrepreneur?

(Uzodinma Gift) #1

What makes you an entrepreneur? Why do think you are one??

(Musa Ayeni) #2

well, i will say i am an entrepreneur, because of my ability to recognize certain problem and solving it with all passion, in a strategic way by which other people who are trying to solve this same problem do not identify. and staying up to date with how my solution is changing the way people see this problem and the improvement they might seek on it.

(David Chima) #3

I am an entrepreneur because I can identify and solve problems as well as make profit while creating jobs which helps in boosting the economy of a nation.

(Enock Kato) #4

An entrepreneur is a person who organizes a venture to benefit from an opportunity, rather than working as an employee. Entrepreneurs play a key role in any economy. These are the people who have the skills and initiative necessary to anticipate current and future needs and bring good new ideas to market.

Entrepreneurs who prove to be successful in taking on the risks of a startup are rewarded with profits, fame and continued growth opportunities. Those who fail suffer losses and become less important in the markets. Many fail, lose money, and close the business. The entrepreneur assumes all the risks and rewards of the venture and is usually the sole proprietary, a partner or the owner of the majority of shares in an incorporated venture. As the main decision maker the entrepreneur monitors and controls the business activities.

According to Joseph Alois Schumpeter (1883 - 1950) entrepreneurs regard profit as a standard for measuring achievement or success and discovered that they:

Value self-reliance;
Strive for distinction through excellence;
Are highly optimistic;
Favor challenges of medium risk.
Entrepreneurship is sometimes categorized among the factors of production, along with land/natural resources, labor and capital. An entrepreneur combines these to manufacture goods or provide services. He or she typically creates a business plan, hires labor, acquires resources and financing, and provides leadership and management for the business.

Entrepreneurs commonly face many obstacles when building their companies.

Given the riskiness of a new venture, the acquisition of capital funding is particularly challenging, and many entrepreneurs deal with it via bootstrapping.

While some entrepreneurs are lone players struggling to get small businesses off the ground on a shoestring, others take on partners armed with greater access to capital and other resources.

(Reetesh Motah) #5

As LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman puts it: An entrepreneur is someone who jumps off a cliff and builds a plane on the way down.

https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/entrepreneur-someone-who-jumps-cliff-and-builds-plane-way-down

(stanley ugwu) #6

You are an enterpreneur when you finds people’s problems, and fit in solution to it.

(daniel zimako) #7

An entrepreneur is someone who has a passion to solve others people problem with the aim of making profit. An entrepreneur uses Innovative ways to solve problems.

(N'po Blaise N'TCHA) #8

Un entrepreneur,
D’après le dictionnaire Larousse , l’entrepreneur est « une personne qui, dans le cadre d’un contrat d’entreprise, s’engage, moyennant une rémunération, à exécuter un certain travail au profit d’une autre personne, appelée maître de l’ouvrage ». Il s’agit ici clairement d’un chef d’entreprise.
un entrepreneur, est celui qui prendre sa vie en main et réaliser ses rêves . Il faut quand même du courage pour oser entreprendre.

(Goabaone Ndlovu) #9

I have that third eye for identifying an opportunity from a problem that exists everywhere i go. From identifying the opportunity i create a system of how to efficiently solve this problem at a profit.
My greatest trait however, is listening to customers for feedback and the flexibility of iterating the system over and over again to always exceed the customers’ expectations all the time. Thats my gift!

(Joshua Jumbo) #10

I think every human has the entrepreneurial gene. I believe so because, entrepreneurship is all about recognizing problems and creating solutions for them.
Some unfortunately, do not that entrepreneurship is firstly problem solving before profit making.

(Victoria Bassey) #11

I am a person who strives for success and takes on risk by starting my own business venture even when people tried to discourage me telling me all the risk associated to being a sole proprietor.

(Lela Winston) #12

One who sells and makes a profit.

(Abia Shela Mbe) #13

Is one who is able to identify customer’s problem and come up with possible solutions that can generate income.

(Edwin Agwupuye) #14

He or she is someone that sees challenges as opportunity and conquering such challenges as the inevitable outcome.

(Michael Akpabio) #15

2 me, an entrepreneur is someone who understands the principle of financial freedom, leverage and leadership.

(Elizabeth Zippora) #16

A person who sees business opportunity where there isn’t, and where everybody else thin there is none.

(Matthew Ekenna) #17

I love this but it should have been précised.

(Enock Kato) #18

@Matthew_Ekenna :grinning: Funny thing is I actually summarised it

(Abia Shela Mbe) #19

Someone who identifies a problem and look for possible solution to that effect

(Aliyu Muhammad) #20

A person who sets up a business or businesses,taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.